Health & Safety
Health & Safety
Clark Seif Clark has Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) and Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) with over 30 years of combined experience. Our Health and Safety Services include the following:
- Hazardous Building Material Surveys for Asbestos, Lead-based Paint, PCBs and Universal Wastes
- Biohazard Assessments
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments for Mold, Fungi and Volatile Organic Compounds
- Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA-Compliance Consulting Services
Articles Relating to Workplace Health & Safety
Health and Safety Programs Development:
Our CIHs and CSPs have developed site-specific programs to effectively reduce the incidence of illnesses and injuries to employees. A partial listing of these programs include the following:
- Injury and Illness Prevention Plans (IIPP)
- Hazard Communication
- Respiratory Protection
- Hearing Conservation
- Blood-borne Pathogens
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Emergency Response
- Fire Protection Plans
- Control of Hazardous Energy
- (Lock Out/Tag Out)
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
Our experienced Industrial Hygienists routinely conduct exposure assessments of employees potentially exposed to chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic hazards. A partial listing of the assessments include the following:
- Chemical Hazards: CSC Industrial Hygienists have monitored routine operations at refineries, power plants, plating shops and other industrial settings to quantify exposures to gases, vapors, fumes, particulates (dust and fibers). Typical chemicals encountered included benzene, hydrogen sulfide, petroleum hydrocarbons; welding fumes; ammonia; sulfur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide.
- Physical Hazards: CSC Industrial Hygienists have monitored for sound levels to determine the need of a Hearing Conservation Program. Our His have also monitored for heat, radiation, lighting levels.
- Office Ergonomic Hazards: Our Industrial Hygienist have conducted multiple evaluations of computer workstations and have recommended modifications to reduce cumulative trauma disorders.
- Biological Hazards: During the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, our New Orleans team of Industrial Hygienist participated in the evaluation of Legionella contamination in drinking water systems.
Compliance and Management System Audits:
CSC is constantly assessing the regulatory climate and changes in the OSHA regulations. Our CIHs and CSPs have conducted several compliance and management system audits to improve existing health and safety programs and enhance the safety and health of employees. Our Safety and Health Professionals have determined gaps in the programs and recommended valuable solutions to establish compliance with regulatory statutes.
Training and Education:
CSC is equipped to develop and deliver multi-media training and education programs that will improve employee awareness of the hazards in the workplace. We will evaluate the cater the training programs to your site-specific needs.